lørdag den 28. februar 2009

New setup!

















Bought me a new setup.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 ES (Engineering Sample)

CPU cooler: Xigmatek hdt-s1283 (But I'm using a Schychte now)

Asus P5Q-E

4 pieces of 2 GB kingston Hyperx pc 6400 (Only using 2 of them = 4GB)

Had a problem getting the Adaptec SCSI adapter 29320 detected. The motherboard couldnt find it. Meaning I couldnt install anything.

I initially put the controller in the PCI2 slot which was the problem. I dont know why but the motherboard couldnt detect the SCSI controller in this PCI2 slot. I put it there to get some extra space to the graphics card to avoid too high temperatures.

I then put the SCSI controller in the PCI1 slot. And now the motherboard could detect it. When I connected the 2 HDDs in raid 0 mode from the previous setup (see earlier post) it even booted up! (Win XP) Nice :-D

But I will be installing from the beginning once again.

When installing windows xp remember to press F6 to install third party drivers. In this case the Adaptec U320 29320 ALP-R with hostraid.

Tried running the Super Pi (1M) on the standard system, no tweaking at all. 14 seconds. Nice. Thats 10 seconds faster than the previous system.

Ingen kommentarer: